CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Appointment Today

I have an appointment in 45 minutes. Kind of nervous- don't know why. I guess because I know I'll probably have to get blood drawn. EEK. I wanted Matt to go with me, but he had to go to Abilene. Sucks!

At least I was able to get my brother to watch Holden. Shouldn't be too hard because he'll be asleep.

The minocycline really hasn't been helping much. I feel about the same that I did before starting it. I constantly feel lightheaded. I'm going to tell the doctor about this, maybe we can try a different antibiotic.

Anyway, I'll give an update about how my appointment went when I return.

p.s. I just wanted to say that I post on this blog just to express how I feel and what I'm going through. It makes me feel better in a way. Plus I can keep up with my progress. Don't feel a need to comment. I just didn't want people to feel like they had to, kwim? I love being able to inform people about Lyme Disease. I hope it makes people aware of stuff they didn't even think about before stumbling upon my blog. Anyway, just wanted to thank everyone who reads my blog and tell you that you don't have to comment. Only if you want to... :-)

------------------------------------------------

I just got back from my appointment. It was a good one. I didn't have to get my blood drawn, wahoo!! I told my dr. that I haven't seen much improvement so he prescribed some new, stronger antibiotics. Kind of scared about the herx's* that will be in store, but at least they will kill more of the bacteria and get me feeling better!

*In case you don't know what a herx is (I didn't until I was dx'ed with Lyme). When the antibiotic kills the bacteria it releases toxins into your body and makes you feel like crap. That's probably the most basic explaination, lol. Here's some additional info..

So overall the appointment was good. I told him about wanting to get Holden tested. He said that he would see Holden!!! I'm so excited about that.. so we should have him tested pretty soon. I need to call and make an appointment.

I haven't gone to pick up my meds yet. Kind of scared to see how much it's all going to cost. Last time it was over $70 and that was with 2 prescriptions.. this time I have 3. EEK..

p.s. I asked my dr. how many other patients he sees with Lyme Disease. I thought he would say not that many... but he said he has over 60 patients with Lyme. Oh. my. gosh. I was so shocked by that!! I should start a support group or something. I never realized there were that many where I live.

3 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

YOu know I will comment friend!

What site have you found most helpful in your search for information on lyme?

I'll be thinking of you!

Lauren said...

Awww, thanks Cor!!

lymenet.org is the best site... I've learned a lot from others who are going through the same thing.:-)

Laura said...

I'm so glad your appointment went well, Lauren! And WOW about how many Lyme patients your doctor has! This really is a hidden epidemic, isn't it?

I'm learning so much from following your journey. I just wish it didn't come at the expense of your having to walk through it...*hugs*