CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Holding my breath...

Well today is the first day of August and also the first day of my new treatment. I'm excited, nervous, and scared. I know I'm going to herx eventually. It's just the suspense that is killing me! For those that don't know what the heck a herx is (which I'm sure is the mass majority) click here.

I want to have a herx because then I will know the antibiotics are working. However it still is hard to deal with, especially when caring for a 2 year old. Thankfully my sister is living with us for the next 2 weeks. She is waiting for her new apartment to have a vacancy. This is great because she has offered to take care of him if I start to feel bad. Thing really do work out sometimes.

I went to the health food store today. My doctor was none too impressed that I hadn't taken his advice on starting an herb regiment. He told me, "I promise I'm not just telling you to take this stuff to keep the health food stores in business." Okay okay.. so I finally took my butt to go get some herbs. I needed to get some probiotics because of all the antibiotics I am taking- they reak havok on your digestive system. I also had to get cat's claw (crazy name, huh?) and some comando (which I couldn't find). The man there looked at me like I was crazy when I mentioned comando.. though I'm sure that's what my doctor told me to get. So I ended up getting the probiotics and cat's claw (yeah he didn't think that one was weird, lol!) I can't believe that this stuff cost more than my antibiotics. I paid over $40. OUCH. Oh well, maybe they will help. *fingers crossed*

Right now my medicine/herb schedule is as follows (just felt like putting this since I'm using this kind of as a journal):

First thing in the morning I take flagyl, doxycycline, and will take comando (once I get it)
Mid-day I take 1000 mg. of Vitamin C, a B-12 capsule, 2 probiotic capsules, and a daily vitamin
In the evening I take flagyl, doxycline, and cat's claw

And to think before getting this disease I didn't even like taking headache medicine. I feel like a pill popper now! LOL.

5 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

Sounds like you have a plan. that is good. Have you tried looking for the herbs online? I find them to be more reasonably priced.
Good luck finding the last one you need.
hugs!

Boricua in Texas said...

I looked up commando online. I found this page, scroll down to the bottom. Maybe this is what he wants you to get?

http://www.herbshop.com/np_antox.htm

I hope your treatment works fast and you can get some relief. We are all rooting for you, girl.

Laura said...

Wow, what a crazy new world to be entering into...*hugs*

I hope the herbs and medicine bring a lot of relief and minimal side effects!

Lauren said...

Thanks for looking that up Ingrid. I looked up the notes my dr. gave me and I had spelled it wrong. It's called cumanda. No wonder I couldn't find it online.

Boricua in Texas said...

I looked up cumanda and look what I found:

http://www.bionatus.com/nutramedix/moreinfo_eng/Lyme%20Protocol2.htm