CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 24, 2007

Rude Awakening

This morning I experienced some very scary heart palps. I was sleeping good when all of a sudden I got up real fast because my heart was beating crazily. Just all kinds of random flutterings that caused me to lose my breath. It lasted just a few moments, but scared the bejeezes out of me.

I first experienced heart palps in April. I had a few scary episodes. However for the last month or so I haven't had any issues with my heart (with the exception of when we were in Ft. Worth and I had a small episode, we were riding in the car to go to a restaurant. It was so miniscule.. I didn't even tell anyone). So yeah, these heart palps have been few and far between (Thank God). But when they do happen it scares me so much.

It definitely wasn't a pleasant wake up call.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hugs, Lauren! Believe me, I know how scary that can be! Make sure you're drinking lots and lots of fluids, and my doctor actually told me to drink fluids with sugars and salt in them (like Gatorade) for electrolytes, because that helps reduce things like this. I think it's actually helped in my case!

Corey~living and loving said...

oh my....how scary! ugh....
I am assuming you are on the meds and no more puking????
I hope so!

Lauren said...

Thanks for the advice Laura. I thought of you after it happened because it felt like what you described.. my heart just couldn't get into the right rhythm.

Yep Corey, I'm doing good on the meds now. Must of been a stomach bug.