CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 9, 2007

What do I have in common with President George Bush?

We both have been infected with Lyme Disease. This was revealed Wednesday when his annual health exam was made public.

I'm a little jealous that he had the characteristic bull's eye rash. (I know, what a thing to be jealous about!) But seriously... I wish I would of had this clue. It would of made my diagnosis a hell of a lot easier. It said in the article he got bit by a tick last August. I think that was the same time I was infected. But boy have we had different outcomes.

There are other famous people who have supposedly dealt with this crazy disease. I just wish someone, anyone would speak out about it. It would really help bring awareness. It's just frustrating.

I researched and found some famous people who have been affected by Lyme Disease:

Michael J. Fox (He was diagnosed with Lyme Disease THREE years before being diagnosed with Parkinson's, but he says he's over the Lyme Disease.. )
Richard Gere (It talks about him in the middle of the page)
Chelsea O'Donnell, daughter of Rosie O'Donnell, TV hostess
George E. Pataki, Governor of New York
Pete Seeger, folk singer and activist
Jamie Lynn Sigler, singer (Meadow on "The Sopranos")
Daryl Hall of Hall and Oats
Amy Tan, writer
Berkley Bedell, former Iowa Congressman
Neneh Cherry, member of musical group "Fine Young Cannibals"
Mary-Lynn Currier, marathoner
Nick Esasky, former baseball player
Julie Furtado, professional bike rider
Pete Harnisch, New York Mets pitcher
Rob Hill, TargetChip Ganassi Racing team crew chief
Rob Kress, former Detroit weathercaster, WXYZ (Channel 7)
Wanda Kurdziel - hiker/backpacker
Irene McGee, former cast member of MTV's "The Real World"
Tara McMenamy, three-time All-American cross country skier
Carrie Nye, Dick Cavett's wife
Gary Player, golfer
Kevin Salem, rocker
Tom Seaver, former New York Mets pitcher
Tim Simpson, professional golfer
Diane Varsi, actress
Alice Walker, author
Christie Todd Whitman, Governor of New Jersey
Michael Zaslow - Soap Opera, "Guiding Light", actor


____________________________________

In other news...
Today I have felt pretty bad. I woke up this morning with pain all over my back and shoulders. It was so bad the pain actually made me nauseous. I threw up a few times- which sucks!! I hate throwing up. I'm pretty sure I threw up my medicine too. I could taste it in my mouth. I didn't know if I should take some more, I opted not to. Ughh! I just hope I'm feeling better by Saturday. We are leaving then to go to Ft. Worth and Louisiana.

2 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

Interesting list of people there Lauren.
I am so sorry you aren't feeling well. :( I hope you feel better soon!
HUGS!

Laura said...

I'm so sorry you're having a rough day, Lauren!

And how interesting about all of well-known people who have had Lyme Disease. There have been some articles in my local newspaper about Lyme Disease lately. I pay a lot more attention to those things now.