CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 16, 2007

My appointment with the llmd.

It went REALLY well. I was nervous beforehand because I felt a lot of pressure for it to be a positive experience. I didn't want to be let-down. And I wasn't!

The doctor's office staff were rude. So I was sort of expecting the dr. to be rude as well. I thought maybe it was a Louisiana thing. I'm used to friendly Texans. But the doctor was very nice. He seemed to really care. He listened to me talk about all my concerns and questions.

He seems so knowledgable. Now I know why the people on the message board said he was #1 in the country. He is a great doctor!

He told me an intersting story. Last November he was called to the White House to speak to George Bush's aide. He was asked a lot of questions about Lyme Disease. At the time he didn't know why, but now he knows it's because Bush had Lyme Disease. It's unclear on whether Bush got the right treatment. I told my doctor about what I've read on my message board. A lot of people think he's still infected. According to his health report he has mild vertigo from time to time. That is NOT normal! My doctor said he was going to write Geoge Bush's aide. So that is good... maybe if he is still suffering, he can get proper help. I mean if the President can't get the right treatment, who can? Who knows maybe something good will come out of this for the Lyme community. Somebody NEEDS to advocate about this secret epidemic. Who better than the President?

So the appointment went very well. He spent a lot of time talking to me. I filled out a symptom sheet and many of my symptoms were consistent with a co-infection of Lyme disease called Babesiosis (or Babesia).

He prescribed Malarone (which is an anti-malaria drug). I also got a prescription for Zithromax (antibiotic), Flagyl (cyst buster), and B-12 injections (eek, a little freaked out by that).

I am very relieved to have this appointment out of the way. It answered a lot of questions. The 20+ hours of driving was well worth it.

I am going back to see him in October.:-)

5 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds great, Lauren! :) I'm so glad you liked the doctor, and it sounds like the appt. was well worth the trip!

Corey~living and loving said...

YEAH! sounds like a great appt. I am so glad you liked him. Is your insurance going to cover your visit or is it up to you? how abut the perscriptions? I will cross my fingers for you!
HUGS!

Linda Marcille said...

Hi Lauren,
So good to see another Lymie posting about her journey. I wish you the very best. For more on my five year struggle with Lyme go to my blog at: http://lindaslymediseasejournal.blogspot.com
Wishing you full health very soon!!
Linda

Meghan said...

I'm so glad the trip was a successful one, and that you really liked the doctor. That's a LONG way to go, but I second that it sounds like it was well worth the hike.

I've got my fingers crossed that the treatment/meds really make a difference.

Trudy said...

Can you tell me the name of the lyme doctor in louisiana, I have a friend who was diganosed with als and they think he has lyme.. please let me know the name so we can set an appointment up with the dr. in louisiana.. thanks