CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

AGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Okay, just needed to get that out. I'm hurting A LOT right now. Like every muscle, joint, tissue in my body is causing me so much pain.

I just started a new antibiotic, minocycline, a few days ago. Apparently it's doing something. I have had herxes before but none like this.

The other day I was pretty scared. I started getting this weird burning sensation throughout my whole body. It's hard to explain. It felt like a contraction almost because it would start off just in my sternum area and then radiate all throughout my body getting worse and worse. Really weird! I was getting chills too. And on top of that I felt like I was going to lose consciousness. This all came about while at a restaurant, eating lunch. It was very frightening. I came pretty close to having Matt rush me to the ER. Luckily the scary stuff subsided and now I'm left with feeling like I've been hit by a truck.

I researched minocycline herxes on one of the Lyme websites I frequent. Apparently a lot of people experinece pretty bad reactions to mino. It is a very strong antibiotic and is capable of passing the blood brain barrier and other small spaces. So it can be very effective. Most of the people that said they herxed badly from mino ended up getting good results in the end. So hopefully the same will happen with me.

2 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

oh my heavens.......I'm so sorry it is so scary right now. I am really hoping it means it is really doing something.
hugs!

Vic said...

Continue to have your strength and you will pull through.

I was on mino for a long time and it laid me up in bed but I ended up building up resistance to it and having an allergic reaction to the drug itself.

I feel so bad when I hear that any one has to go through the suffering and I continue to hope that each person that does will be a little fire lit to create awareness in others.

I will pray for you!

Victoria