CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Update

Just felt like updating this blog before I go to bed...

I am not feeling so great the last few days. I started taking flagyl again- last month I didn't take it. A lot of times the bacteria will turn into cyst form so the flagyl breaks up the cysts so the antibiotics can kill them. Well, apparently, I wasn't feeling better so much because the bacteria was going away, but because it went into a different form....shoot! I really hate this disease. How can bacteria be so smart? I really wish it were easier to get rid of!

So I've been feeling mega tired lately and like I'm in a fog. Just not myself. I'm also feeling extra achey... great! I find it takes forever and a day to go to sleep when I feel this way. Then if I wake up for any reason, like last night when Holden woke up in the middle of the night crying, it takes me a good hour to get back to sleep. Sucks!

I'm sure it will get better.. so I'm just trying to hang in until then.

My doctor was talking about taking me off antibiotics at my next appointment since I was feeling a lot better. But since I started the flagyl again and am still apparently not back to my normal self, I guess that won't be happening.

It's very disappointing to think I am getting better... just to be back feeling like this. I feel as if I take 1 step forward and 2 steps back. *Sigh*

I just have to keep telling myself it will get better. One day I'll look back at this time in my life and it will be a distant memory.

8 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

first off....I love your template.

secondly and more importantly....I'm so sorry that you are still having so much trouble with this darn disease. Thank you for keeping us informed. I think of you a lot.
hugs.

Vic said...

Hello! I just came across your blog and like you I have Lyme Disease as well. I will have to start tracking your story.. I really like your template and if you had time someday would you explain to me how we can change our templates? I have a few question. Sounds like you have had a rough go with things! Hopefully we can be blog buddies,

Victoria
http://vicupdates.blogspot.com/

Laura said...

I've been wondering how things were going, Lauren, and hoping that no news was good news. I'm so sorry things have been rougher lately! Hang in there, friend!

Lauren said...

Hi Victoria! I left a comment on your blog.. Thanks for leaving a comment on mine. Your blog looks pretty cool... did you figure how to change the template? I really don't know that much, but you can email me anytime. My email is lmturner85@yahoo.com.

Corey and Laura~ Thank you both. Ya'll are such sweet friends. It really makes going through all of this easier knowing I have people who don't even know me in real life that really, truly care. Thanks for that... It really means a lot.

Trudy said...

would like to know the name of the doctor that you went to in louisiana. I have a friend who has the symptoms of lyme, but they think he has als. could you please let me know the name of the doctor, so we can set up an appointment for him to go to him or her.. thanks Trudy

Lauren said...

Trudy, could you please email me at lmturner85@yahoo.com.

That way I can give you all of the information you need.

Thanks!
Lauren

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Pen Drive, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://pen-drive-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Matilda said...

Hi-
I found your blog when I read your post at PW. I have a Jan '05 baby. Anyway, I wanted to say I am sorry abot the Lyme disease. My mom had been misdiagnosed for a couple of years and had been treated for Parkinsons, amongst other things. She was finally correctly diagnosed almost two years ago. She has had a pic line for about 6 months and is hoping to have it out tommorrow. I can't imagine having this with little ones at home. I just wanted to say hello and wish you the best. It is interesting to read others experiences with this. Good luck to you, Matilda