CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 15, 2007

I need to get this out!

I've been holding in a lot of anger lately. I'm just so mad about how things are going. I'm not feeling very good these days. I'm just sick of it. I mean really sick of it to the point I just want to scream!

I always think in life that every decision turns you into different paths. Even the most miniscule ones, though most don't change your life that much. I think I went down a wrong path when I went to the Louisiana doctor in August.

I was doing so good on doxycycline (what my local doctor prescribed). I told the doctor that, but he insisted that I should try Zithromax since doxy is known to cause light sensitivity and it was in August. If I would of just stuck with the doxy for longer, even upped my dosage maybe I would be better now. I was only on it 3 weeks and was already feeling dramatically better. Why did I chang?!?!!?!?!?!?! I guess I'm mad at him and myself.

Then when I went back to doxycycline in October, it didn't do ANYTHING for me. How disappointing. I'm thinking the bacteria became resilent to the doxy since I stopped it before. AGHHHH, that makes me so mad.

I'm on Biaxin and Omnicef right now. I've been having some scary symptoms with my heart. Biaxin is in the same family as Zithromax. And when on Zithromax I had occasionaly heart palps, chest pain, and uneasiness feeling in my chest. So maybe this is just not a good drug for me. I'm going to call my doctor about this because enough is enough. I'm sick of being scared. I can't do it anymore. I won't. I need to take my health into my own hands.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh Lauren, I'm so sorry! I'd be angry too...and frustrated and anxious and all sorts of things. I admire you so much for your strength, and for your resolve to take your health into your own hands. Too often, I think, we put a little too much trust in doctors and not enough trust in our ability to know what's happening in our bodies. I know I've done that. Unless that Z drug is doing massive amounts of things to help the Lyme Disease, I'd try to get off of it too. Those heart symptoms are nothing to mess around with, and you don't need to deal with all of that on top of everything else...

Lots of hugs, much love, and continued prayers, my friend!

karenw said...

Lauren,

...you don't have to live like this! I went through similar episodes. After only 9 days of Doxycycline I was able to walk without the aid of a walker but 3 months later when the Doc stopped the Doxy I took up the walker within 4 days!

Go here and order Doxycycline. It's generic (Doxine):

http://www.inhousepharmacy.com/ - take 2 - 100 mg twice per day....

...and Trichozole (Flagyl). One capsule 1 to 2 times per day.

You will herx. If the herxing is too bad then just start slow with the antibiotics. If you can't afford both just go with the Doxine for now. You can also order whatever parasitics you want from them. If you look around on their site you will see a notation about the US government & shipment of their products.

Take a good multi-vitamin and remember Omega 3 Fish Oil can help with herxing and is great in many other ways but you will need to take 3 to 4 capsules 4 times per day.

Also drink 1 teaspoon of baking soda in water 2 times per day.

Take the Doxy for 5 or 6 months then switch to another antibiotic like Erythromycin 500 mg - 1 - 4 times per day. Take the Flagyl for 1 to 2 months then quit it.

Print this out and study it over and over until you completely understand it:
http://www.autoimmunityresearch.org/lyme-disease/

All of the above will put you in a kind of remission but the below will do more for the long run.

After you are established in your treatment you can start this:

http://www.lymephotos.com/printableprotocol.html

or start using Cats Claw. Both were again, recommended by my doctors.

An aspirin can help with heart symptoms. it thins the toxins in the blood.

I am not a doctor but I do know when to take things into my own hands and now is the time for you to do so. Don't be afraid to do your own doctoring just be determined. By the way all of the above were originally prescribed to me by a Lyme literate Doc and a Lyme cardiologist. I had to quit because I was paying them cash and it was them or the meds.

I am still studying the 'Plague of Ignorance".

I don't have the answer of what this thing is but I personally believe it is a combination of natural & man-made Lyme Disease (Plum Island).

Oh, I almost forgot Melatonin. It is essential for us. Take it daily. Believe me you need it. The very first thing we loose is Melatonin. You will notice a surge in energy levels within 2 weeks.

May God's healing Grace be with you and your Family,

Karen from Michigan